New for 2019, Vaughn Custom Sports has introduced their brand new evolution of the Ventus line. The Vaughn Ventus SLR2 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Glove continues to be one of the lightest gloves on the market while keeping the traditional Vaughn feel.
Right out of the box you will notice the graphic which is designed with a series of long color zones that move from the middle of the cuff, travel out toward the pinky side of the cuff and then shoot out into the thumb area, creating a wide visual look.
Coming as a two piece cuff design, the SLR2 Pro Carbon will naturally have more flex and freedom for the goalie to catch with ease. The cuff is lined with a carbon panel that gives the goalie the most protection and durability while adding the least amount of weight.
Moving on to the palm area, the closure angle follows the previous Vaughn Ventus lines with a 45 degree, full hand closure. By design, the glove has a large catching profile with a wide based, extra deep pocket that gives greater net coverage. Protection has been added to the palm with Shock-Shield padding and carbon inserts to give the goaltender superior protection in case pucks are not caught clean in the webbing. The pocket of the SLR2 features a single T design with carbon at the top for added reinforcement to prevent it from folding in. This single T design also has a unique webbing pattern in which the lace runs through the middle of the T versus the edge. This allows for more lace in the pocket and better durability.
On the backhand of the SLR2 Pro Carbon, a flared cuff gives the goalie a wide range of motion to help present their glove to the shooter easily. Internally the glove features Neoprene flex and positive grip in the hand to provide more control over the glove. Padding has been added to the thumb, inner wrist, hand base, and fingers along with added carbon inserts to the palm and thumb areas to provide solid protection. Internally, several adjustment points have been placed to fasten the goaltender’s hand comfortably to the glove on the back of the hand and over the wrist.
Compared to the Vaughn Ventus SLR2 Pro Senior Goalie Glove, the SLR2 Pro Carbon features a domestic build with carbon and higher quality construction. Also, compared to the SLR2 ST, the SLR2 features a two piece cuff opposed to the SLR2 ST’s one piece cuff.
If you are an elite-level goaltender looking for a lightweight and mobile glove with a two piece design, the Vaughn Ventus SLR2 Pro Senior Goalie Glove is the glove that will help you write “Your Story”.
- New large solid thumb style for greater net coverage
- Front design has extra wide open pocket area
- Wider and extra deep single bar T-web pocket
- T-web top with carbon fiber reinforcement
- Molded carbon fiber palm provides increased protection and superior glove shape
- Shock-Shield palm padding
- Carbon fiber front cuff protective panel
- Neoprene flex inner hand for glove control
- Mid-hand adjustment strap
- Reinforced finger edge perimeter
- Positive grip inner hand base
- Padded wrist strap with increased adjustment
- Internal added wrist padding
- Fingertip deflecting rail
- Full Pro-spec construction with 45″ perimeter
- Flared back cuff for increased wrist movement
- Heat moldable for custom fit and quicker break-in